SIM plans from Orange
Orange offers a range of personal and business plans with tailored packages that will suit the needs of most users. Most of the network’s plans come with bundled mobile phones, provided that the user stays connected for the allocated lock-in period. Others, like the Orange SIM only deals, don’t. This type of deal is perfect for users who are only looking to purchase Orange SIM cards since they still have working mobile phones to use.
Here are other reasons why you might want to consider getting an Orange SIM only contract: if you’re planning to purchase a secondhand phone, if you are going to reactivate an older unit, or if you are making a switch from one provider to another.
Getting a SIM only Orange plan gives you flexibility and benefits that you typically don’t get with other tariffs. You can choose from two types of Orange SIM only contracts: pay monthly and pay as you go. The pay monthly option is recommended for those who are planning to use their Orange SIM phones as their main lines. You will be guaranteed an allocated number of minutes, texts, and data every month with these plans, so there’s no need to worry about running out of balance when you need to use your mobile.
Orange’s SIM only deals are quirkily named after animals. The following are their offerings for their pay monthly plan, along with the type of users that they’re best suited for:
- Dolphin – offers unlimited texts and 500MB mobile browsing
- Canary – offers unlimited texts with plans that are above £10
- Racoon – offers unlimited anytime landline calls
- Camel – offers texts, UK minutes and call to over 50 countries
- iPhone – offers data, minutes and unlimited UK texts, plus WiFi
Users can choose from pay monthly plan durations of either 1 month or 12 months. Huge discounts and more minutes, texts, and data are allocated for those who choose to get an Orange SIM card with the 12-month pay monthly option.
On the other hand, the pay as you go Orange SIM only option requires you to top up so you’ll have enough credits to use. This is suitable for people who won’t be using their phone often or regularly. These are the Orange SIMs only plans available for pay as you go:
- Monkey – offers free music and texts
- Dolphin – offers free Internet and texts
- Canary – offers free calls, texts and photo messages
- Racoon – offers the lowest call rates
- Camel – offers free international calling minutes